A5 Base Card
A5 Japanese Patterned Paper
A5 Card - matching or contrasting
X-Press Thin Foil Tape
Mini Flower Punch
3D adhesive foam squares, double sided tape, glue dots
Fold base card in half.
- From the short side of the decorative paper, cut 2 strips - 1cm x 15cm.
- Using the base card in portrait, attach the first strip of decorative paper vertically 0.5 cm (½ cm) in from the left hand fold.
- In portrait, attach the second strip horizontally 1.5cm up from the bottom of the base card.
- Trim any overhang from the strips.
Folding the Fan
- From the remaining decorative paper cut a 6cm strip (x approx. 19cm).
- Attach the thin foil tape along one long edge of the decorative paper.
- In landscape, fold in half
- Open out and fold sides in to meet the centre fold.
- Turn and fold sides in to meet the centre fold.
- Repeat until you have it all folded up (approx. 0.5cm folds). Fold the last piece backwards to fold in half.
- Unfold and concertina at the marked folds.
Contrast or Matching Card
- Leaving approx. 6cm trailing at the beginning wrap the gold thread around the concertina fan approx. 1 cm from the bottom (opposite end to the foil tape).
- Wrap a number of times and tie off. Leaving a second trailing end of the thread of approx. 6cm cut off.
- Fan out the top concertina from the tie to get your fan.
- Cut to 9cm x 13.8cm and attach to base card
- Cut or punch a 2.5 x 2.5cm square and attach sentiment.
- Attach sentiment card using 3D adhesive foam squares to bottom right hand corner.
- Attach fan on an angle using double sided tape with the highest point of the fan, approx. 1.5-2cm from top of contrasting card.
- Using a glue dot placed under the tie of the fan position the trailing ends to ‘fall’ onto the contrast card.
- Punch 3 flowers and attach, using glue dots, in a slight curve from the end of the fan and down the card.